And I Will Give You Rest

10.9.16

Today, I sat in Wendy's sipping Dr. Pepper with vanilla and cherry and sneaking some of Matthew's fries. I noticed a man sitting in the corner all by himself. And suddenly, I was hit with a memory of myself, sitting alone in the corner at Wendy's, nibbling on some fries thinking "This is it. This is my destiny. To be lonely forever." 
And I believed it. In that moment my life was overcome with loneliness and hopelessness and sadness.
So imagine for a moment my overwhelming joy today when I looked over to find my sweet Matthew, munching on some chicken nuggets.
It's been a very long time since I've felt lonely.
And I am so, so grateful.

I told this simple thought to Matthew and he said "And you never will be lonely again."
Which, reminded me of two simple truths.
You may be rolling your eyes but this right here is true love. Trusting every part of yourself to another human being, and being cherished unconditionally in return. And it exists. There is no sweeter balm to the aching sting of loneliness. And my friends, there is Another that has brought the same immense joy to my stinging soul. And He can do the same for you. 
Though you may feel like you are suffocating in deep waters, I can assure you, you are NEVER alone. Even in the darkest of moments, our Saviour's hand is reached out still. He is by your side and He will carry you, if you put your trust in Him. And His love will be more than sufficient to heal every wound and lift your weary shoulders. He will strengthen you and with Him, you can overcome ALL things.
Chin up, my friends! And don't give up. You are so, so important. You are loved.
You are His.


Mischief Managed.
_kynia

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Oh this was absolutely beautiful. And such a great reminder! Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you McKenzie! You're the best! xX

      Delete
  2. you and matthew have such a special love!!! it's so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie my dear <3 We learned it all from you and Shae! ;)

      Delete
  3. This reminds me of when I started middle school 15 years ago. I moved to a new city so I didn't know anyone and had no friends, so I was eating in the cafeteria by myself. There was an 8th grader who sat next to me and was trying to encourage me, telling me "You're not alone". That was a nugget of comfort I needed, although middle school was a horrible time for me because I got bullied a lot.

    This was a beautiful, moving post <3 I hope all is well with you!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, this resonates with me deeper than you know. You really weren't alone, and look at you now-- you've emerged a stronger woman who is sure of her direction in life and love. I am so sorry you had to go through that, but so, so proud of the woman you've become. xX

      Delete
  4. this is so inspiring, Kynia! i loved every word, every thought! this is so timely :) thanks so muuch! and praise God for you and for boldly speaking the truth to others :)

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kyna! I am your number one fan! xX God is great!

      Delete
  5. I almost cried reading this. I thank you so much for sharing this. I've had to remind myself of this a lot this year and I still think about it sometimes but I know this will all work out when the time is right by His Grace.
    Have an amzing rest of the week!
    xoxo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're amazing girlie! Stay strong xX

      Delete
  6. This was such a sweet story; I'm truly, very happy for you and I really hope the man you spotted eating alone is happy too :) I'll keep your positive words on the topic of love in mind from now on!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he is happy too. You are amazing, Gabrielle! xX

      Delete
  7. What a lovely thought, I think weve all felt as lonely as that man but it does get so so much better , I felt so lonely when I was dating my ex but since begining to date my girlfriend I couldn't be happier :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly does get better! Stay strong! xX

      Delete