the "Beauty" tag

5.7.16

Exactly three centuries ago, I was challenged to this Beauty tag. Now that I've let it ferment for a good while, here it is for your enjoyment! 
I was tagged by one of the most beautiful women I know, Hannah at Floraful. (Homepage here) Thanks girl!
The most beautiful thing about Hannah to me is her optimism. No matter what life throws at her, she is always upbeat and smiling. We need more people like her in the world :)
Now without further ado, my two cents in “the Beauty Tag”, though I am definitely not an expert.

If you could have anyone in the world do your makeup, who would it be?
Hands down, Kandee Johnson.  And not just for the makeup either--though she is extremely talented, buzzfeed even agrees with me—but for the intrinsic experience. She’s just so full of light and goodness, that I’d come away with a beautiful face and a lighter, more beautiful soul, too.

What's your top makeup tip?
Less is more. Honestly. Makeup is a positive thing only when you don’t feel like you need it. Otherwise, it just takes a toll on your self-worth. So, instead of thinking about it as a “cover up my ugliness, or change my face completely”, I prefer the mindset of “I’m enhancing what I already have.” Which is why we really should rename this tag to something more fitting like "makeup/skincare tag". Beauty really is just so much deeper than my BB cream..
Read more about this soapbox here.


What one skincare item you could not live without?
The Vivo Dead Sea Scrub facial peel. I discovered this scrub about a year ago and am OBSESSED. I can literally see layers of skin shed right before my eyes, and it leaves my skin feeling so soft and refreshed. The moisturizer that is included is baby smooth as well. And the packaging is just so classy. Win win win. [I also own their manicure set with a cuticle oil that just melts the extra skin away. It’s seriously amazing.]





What are you worst at when it comes to applying makeup?
The cat-eye! Luckily this has improved a ton with the discovery of liquid liner, which stays in place the first time, every time. Now to work on my steady hand…

^^every time. 

What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty?
I personally think that the “rules” for makeup should go out the window. Makeup itself is about expression, so it differs from person to person. Likewise, beauty is fundamentally different than makeup. It’s cliché, but beauty is definitely not skin deep. Beauty is a part of our divine nature as women. It does not depend on our hair, makeup, clothes, bust size, waistline, etc. I wish the media would stop telling us otherwise. Can we all just be on the same team for once??!

What's your favorite makeup era?
The 20’s. I always say that I was born in the wrong era. Sultry eyes, seductive lip. Classic, chic. Can’t go wrong. It’s Gatsby, baby.

What's your guilty pleasure product?
I’m just gonna keep this one simple and say: anything from Lush.

What's your 'underdog' product?
I absolutely love Garnier’s skin correcting BB cream. Sometimes it gets a bad rap for being too thick, but the moisture does great things for my skin in all this dry air. The coverage is light and natural, just the way I like it.

What's your favorite makeup product of 2015?
Oh mamma… well I may be a bit behind but I discovered it in 2015 anyway. It’s the Florence eyeshine pallet by Milani. Someone at work introduced me to it and I just instantly fell in love! I have got to just buck up and order it already..



So there you have it, friends. Like I said, I'm no expert of makeup or skincare, but I do know one thing:
Please, please remember that beauty goes SO much deeper than makeup.

You is smart, you is kind, you is important.
No matter what society tells you, you are absolutely beautiful.

And don’t you forget it.




Mischief Managed.

_kynia

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I really like your attitude about beauty, it's definitely so much more than just makeup. I really hate all those beauty standards being pushed via social media, it's just wrong in so many ways, and I wish more women could see that

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amen, sister. couldn't agree more!

      Delete
  2. ughhefuh the eyeliner!!!! It's the worst. haha! But also, I like that tip. Sometimes I feel guilty (as silly as it sounds) that I don't bother putting on my makeup, but I shouldn't. I put it on when I want to and when it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^ yes!!!! after all, that's what it's for, right? to give us a little "boost". It's definitely not a bad thing, and really helps me feel beautiful on days that I need a little self-encouragement. But when it becomes an addiction, that is when the damage happens. xX

      Delete
  3. Wow, thanks for doing my tag! I am so honored that you gave me a shoutout :) I do agree, makeup is not about covering up or hiding something, though when I started getting back into makeup hardcore 2 years ago (which was why I started the blog in the first place), it was because I had a higher dose of medication and I wanted to "contour" and "sculpt" my puffy moonface though there was no hiding it. My face has slimmed down a lot because I am on a lower dose, and it has given me my confidence back. Though I shouldn't rely on that for confidence...it's more than a perfectly clear face or pants size or whatever. And I agree, I still have a hard time with winged liner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl- you deserve it. You seriously are amazing and I feel SO bad that it took me this long to do it. I totally understand about wanting to cover up the effects of medication. I have definitely gone through that and makeup does help to boost morale when you feel low. Makeup is a wonderful thing and can do wonderful things for your confidence.. just as long as you know that you are beautiful without it, too. You're beautiful girl! <3

      Delete
  4. Such a fun tag! I laughed at eyeliner part, it's so true! :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?? agh. So glad I'm not the only one xX

      Delete
  5. Perfecting the cat eye is the bane of my existence!!

    Via Sora || instagram · twitter · pinterest · bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preach, sister. I seriously cannot agree with you more. xX

      Delete
  6. I am hilariously awful at doing a cat-eye or any kind of winged liner really. I usually just stick to using black eyeshadow as a liner because that's just how bad my liquid liner attempts are...

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, love, I hear ya. I can't tell you how many pallets of black I went through before I even attempted liquid liner... haha the things we put ourselves through! Xx

      Delete