Ten Things That I Get Excited About as an Adult:

13.7.16

"What's mine is yours" apparently also includes the flu. Matthew and I have been raging sick for a few days now, but imagine for a moment my sheer joy when the doctor gave Matthew clearance to miss a few days of work for recovery. Four entire days together? I couldn't be happier. Except maybe if we weren't actually sick, because you know, the flu. 
But that got me thinking. What are some other things that make me jump for joy as an adult? Well...
1.  I just typed “tings” instead of “things” and for some reason I’m still laughing.
2. The new sponge in the sink.
3. Tax refunds.
4. Cinnamon Toast Crunch on sale.
5. The gleam of the white shower tiles after spending 2 hours bleaching each one.
6. A coupon for a free frozen yogurt at Menchies.
7. Receiving underwear and shoes as gifts for Christmas.
8.  Finding all 8 Harry Potter DVD’s for 20$ at a yard sale.
9. Staying in on a Friday night with a pizza, lots of blankets, and some Netflix with my best friend. 
10. Being able to buy yourself a candy bar or two or eight at any time of the day.


Adulthood is stupid. But so, so full of opportunity.
What little things brighten your day?



Mischief Managed.

_kynia

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. These are all so VERY true!! haha the sponge one gets me. I think what makes me happy is.....sleeping in on Saturdays, a new show coming to Netflix, reading a good book, and being told you don't have to go to work on a certain day. Get feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, yes, yes to all of those. Especially reading a good book! Have you read any good ones lately? thank you McKenzie! xX

      Delete
  2. Oh no, I hope you feel better soon! To be honest, I just graduated college a month ago and I'm still getting adjusted haha, but so far so good!

    Via Sora || Working Winter Staples into Summer
    GIVEAWAY: Win a Pink Instax Mini 8!
    instagram · twitter · pinterest · bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my dear! xX adulthood is all about baby steps... we'll get there one day, right? ;)

      Delete
  3. Haha I so agree with you. "The new sponge in the sink" - this made me laugh so much, but it's actually so true! There is just something oddly satisfying about that. And I hope you get better soon, take care :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just got that new sponge smell... haha thanks love! xX

      Delete
  4. I love being an adult! This is a great post that reminds us of all the little things we are grateful for in adulthood! I love having my own house to do whatever I want with (even if that is make a blanket den!)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! so glad I'm not the only one. :) thanks girl! xX

      Delete