Of Strawberry Smoothies and M&M's...

19.7.16

The title of this post may be a bit confusing, but stick with me to the end and it will all make sense. This story takes place wayyy back in May when Matthew and I ran away to Florida for our late honeymoon. Now, as some of you know, I was quite familiar with Disneyworld and on my list of ABSOLUTELY-MUST-DO’s was: a strawberry smoothie. Now this may sound trivial, but these strawberry smoothies are to die for. They are so light, fresh, and satisfying on a hot day [which is, like, every single day in Animal Kingdom, amiright?] I was so anxious to enjoy one again and to introduce that sweet splendor to Matthew. And so, come the hottest part of the day, it was smoothie time. We searched and we walked and we searched and we walked some more and we searched some more, but no matter how many circles we did around the Tree of Life, that little smoothie shack could not be found. And I was devastated.
It’s just a smoothie, right? Why was I so upset??! I demanded that we should just give up because it wasn’t there.
But my true love came to my rescue. He lovingly demanded that we keep searching.
And you know what?
WE FOUND IT.
Instead of being in the Africa section, it was in ASIA.
Matthew bought me the biggest size they had. And we plopped ourselves on a curb and enjoyed every sip of that sweet goodness.



Now, flash forward to the day after that smoothie episode. I was on the hunt for some chocolate, because chocolate. If you know me well, you’ll know that Peanut M&M’s are kinda my thing. And I could not find them in a resort vending machine anywhere. And do you know what? There was Matthew again telling me not to give up and encouraging me to keep looking.
And you know what?
WE FOUND SOME.
In the Nemo section of the resort, so it was a win-win.

Now, is food really this important to me?
Well, yes, honestly, but this isn’t about the food!

The moral of the story is that when you are down and discouraged and giving up, true love is there to lift you up. True love never fails. True love will strengthen you, lead you on, and encourage you to chase your (silly) dreams.
And you know what?
I FOUND HIM.


And in my daily battles, when I very much feel like giving up, time and time again he has saved me. In a very real way. 

True love is found in many other people as well. Now it’s our turn to be one of those people, seeking to build others up instead of tearing them down.

Did this post bring to your mind anyone in particular? Send them a message letting them know you care!



Mischief Managed.
_kynia


You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. This is so true!!! :) Love never fails :) (1 Corinthians 13:4-8) HAHHAHA! Now i wanna get my hands on Disney's strawberry smoothie! HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that verse! xX Come to Florida- you seriously HAVE to try that smoothie! xX

      Delete
  2. And i loooooove how you're such a big harry potter fan!!! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course, my dear, always will be <3

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute story and you are totally right! When you find the right person, he'll always be there for you, and that's the best thing ever :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really, truly is the best thing ever. xX

      Delete
  4. AWWW that was cute!! And that is a very good thing that you found a man who will help you find your favorite foods even in the toughest of situations! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right??! he's such a keeper. <3 and not just because he feeds me ;) xX

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! Maybe we could follow each other on GFC and instagram @djonovic_milica? If yes, follow me and I follow back as soon as I see it.
    Let me know with a comment on my Blog

    http://intonezzee.blogspot.com/
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading dear-- checking out your blog now! xX

      Delete
  6. what a lovely blog post!! had a great read <3 thanks for sharing



    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    ZoellaLook


    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade! You are always such a sweetheart xX

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post ! I'm so jealous I wannag go to disney land plus that smoothie sounds so good I bet you were relieved when you heard they'd just been moved to asia !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you NEED to go and drink one at least ONCE in your life. But, seriously, Disney is where it's AT. xX

      Delete
  8. Awww! This is the sweetest! I love that your man encourages you, and helps you in your quests for delicious foods (along with all the other important things of life, too). I'm another one of those people who gets very excited about and passionate about food, so I definitely understand your quests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the best when we find that perfect person that just understands our need for certain foods... <3 that's true love to me haha thanks for reading love xX

      Delete
  9. This is a really lovely post with such a sweet message! I'm glad you had a fantastic time...and got your smoothie!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my dear <3 I'm very grateful too ;) xX

      Delete
  10. Nice pictures dear! And Hope you enjoy your trip ^^
    Would you like to support each other by follow on GFC & G+?
    Please Let me know if you follow me and I’ll follow back asap!

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy the trip very much :) thank you! I'm heading over to your page now! xX

      Delete
  11. This is amazing! You are so so blessed to have someone builds you up and treats you like a queen. I've never ever been to Disney World (much less Florida) but I really want to go!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs to visit Orlando at least once in their life-- there is just SO much to do there! and hey, Hannah, I'm not the only one with a great man. I am SO excited for you and Cecilio <3

      Delete
  12. Oh, this is such a sweet message behind the post. You're absolutely right about true love having the ability to lift you up, whether romantically, family etc. it's all so special :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Lancome and Elizabeth Arden Beauty Giveaway!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! True love is found in the best of people.. doesn't always have to be romantic. Thanks for reading love xX

      Delete