Dream Big.

4.6.16

It’s June!
…. Was May even a real thing?
I’ve always loved June. Sunshine, sunscreen, chlorine, hiking… new month, new goals, and new opportunities. And what better way to grab this fresh start than with a Vision Board.
A vision board is a visual representation of your goals. It deals with the law of attraction, which is basically forming your life experiences with your thoughts. If you think it, it will be. And it’s more effective than you think.
In essence, a vision board is a compilation of the things you love, the things that have shaped you, and where you want that motivation to push you, body and soul.
Let me show you mine as an example.



This vision board was born about nine months ago. So I can say from experience that it really does keep me more focused on my goals of where I want to go. More importantly still, it reminds me daily of who I want to be.
Here are some of the things I chose to include on my board:
Gainer, of course, front and center, because my sweet husband’s love has changed me. Not only is this a reminder of my love for him, but of how I want to continually be a woman worthy to stand by his side.
Going along with that, I’ve chosen a few quotes to keep me focused on my mindset to have a positive state of mind and living. My life overall has been magic. And not. I’ve been through a lot of very hard things, including a tiring battle with mental illness. Through these daily affirmations, I am seeking to re-frame my paradigm into a radiant, golden, and strong state of wellness. Read more about paradigms, here.
I’ve also included one of my favourite pictures of my Saviour, Jesus Christ. He is my light, my strength, and has quite literally saved me in the darkest of times. And so, career-wise, I have chosen to do something quite similar. My calling in life is in individual and family therapy, so I can be a saving hand when others feel like they are drowning in life’s sorrows. So, that picture I guess has two life meanings for me personally.
Of course, I’ve included physical goals as well. Like a “ticket to ride” back to Italia. It was in Italia that I learned to love with my whole heart. And as such, it will forever hold my heart.  I look forward to the day I can re-visit my family there.
And, in case anyone forgot, a puppy is in my future. It’s inevitable.
I’ve even included some clean eats on there, as I am re-structuring some healthy diet and exercise habits in my life.

So there you have it. Your vision board can be just that, yours. Anything and everything you want for your heart, mind, and body can be included. (I am constantly personalizing it, so don’t be afraid to change it up every now and again.)

Now, before you get started, there are 3 rules for a vision board: (No, I did not make these up. Okay, I totally did, but that doesn’t make them any less valid.)

1. Include things from each category of daily life to achieve overall wellness. This can include but is not limited to: intellectual (career, schooling, new hobbies), emotional (dreams, travel), spiritual (personal mantras, daily affirmations of worth), physical (diet/exercise), social (puppies), or anything else that is calling your name. Seriously, anything.

2. Make it YOU. Print out pictures, quotes, stickies, glitter… Do you. Make it something you’re proud of. Remember, it’s the foreshadowing of things to come.

3. NO limits. Don’t tell yourself no, except to say NO LIMITS. Allow yourself to dream.

Don’t be afraid if this process unearths some hardships from the past. When we look at the future, it is normal to find that there are some pieces of the past imbedded in us still. Sometimes we must face things that scare us. Sometimes scary things from the past haunt us every day. Remind yourself that the past is passed, but you can frame your future. Hard things make you who you are. Negative can be turned into positive. Always.
And that is the point of a vision board. To combine both the positive and the negative of yourself to fuel you toward something greater.
My friends, when we know our direction and take passion alongside us, we are unstoppable.
You have the power to shape your future.
Let me say that one more time. You have the power to shape your future.
A vision board is just a little physical reminder of that unshakeable truth.
Remember it.
Don’t fear the future. The future is happening RIGHT NOW. And you can tell it exactly how you want it to be. Anyone who says otherwise is lying, including that sneaky little doubting voice inside your head. Will it be hard? Yes. But I’m not worried, you’re strong enough.
You have the power to shape your future.
Be fearless.
Take courage.
Now go out there and conquer.


Mischief Managed.

_kynia

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Loved doing this with you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you love! <3 you inspire me :)

      Delete
  2. May went in so fast didn't! Love this post. Loving your blog, please do stop by mine if you get the chance, I love seeing new faces on it! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adele my dear <3 popping over to your blog now! Thanks for reading xX

      Delete
  3. Amazing post! I feel like it's so important to constantly remind yourself what your goals are, it really keeps you more motivated and focused :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear <3 always appreciate your feedback xX

      Delete
  4. I LOVE moodboards as it lets you express yourself in artistic forms! Yours looks great and I love how each element has a personal meaning to it :)

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    sarahinks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. loving your blog lately, Sarah! <3 thanks so much for reading mine xX

      Delete
  5. this is awesome! totally want to do one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth it! And with your knack for photography, your board will turn out stellar! do it!! xX

      Delete