20 Things About...Matthew!

30.6.16

Hey there blog lovers!

I’ve temporarily taken over my wife’s blog to let y’all get to know me just a tad bit better.

Recently, Kynia has noticed a  "20 things about me" tag floating around. She asked me if I would be interested in sharing 20 things about me on her blog for her readers/followers, because let’s be honest, this Matthew guy that she writes about is about as enigmatic as Batman. Be warned, I have a 5 year old sense of humor, so if you don’t get my jokes you may just be like Stanley from the Office… Or Angela if you’re a girl.



Anyways, without further ado, here are 20 things about me, Matthew, the husband of Kynia (that you may not already know)!

1.  My favorite band is a three piece rock group from Canada called Rush. All I can say is: go listen to “The Spirit of Radio” on youtube. It’ll make your ears jump off your face and kiss you. Every time.

2. My favorite color is blue. French blue. Or just blue in general. You know, pretty generic.

3. I met Kynia while serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Italy. So yeah, I speak Italian as well. I guess that’s cool.



4. I’m aspiring to earn an MBA with a Marketing emphasis. Basically I want to work a career in which I can wear nice suits and make companies look better.

5. My favorite TV show is the Walking Dead. So I’m basically the guy you want to hang out with in a zombie apocalypse. The Office is also a personal favorite.

6.  I’m a big fan of Disney as well. Lilo and Stitch is my favorite Disney movie.

7. I caught all 151 Pokemon. And then they added 568 more (yeah I looked it up and did the math) and it just got to be way too much.

8.  I have two long haired miniature dachshunds as pets back home. Their names are Jazz and Mojo and they’re okay, I guess. Just kidding, they’re the best dogs in the world. 




9.  I’m not-so-secretly a huge Marvel comic nerd. If you don’t like Marvel, we probably just shouldn’t be friends.

10. Speaking of Marvel, my most prized possession is actually my Pop Vinyl Spider-Man figure that Kynia bought for me. 


11.  I love to read Shakespeare because I’m sophisticated like that. But really, Hamlet is my favorite read. Also, Macbeth.

12. I do great impressions of Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. For some reason,  I'm also a great motivational speaker. 


13.  I love to cook.

14. I can kick your butt at Mario Kart. Only the Nintendo 64 one though.

15. I do 100,000 pushups every single day because I’m ripped. Just kidding, I only do 100 a day because fitness is great. I could probably do 100,000 though.

16. I’m a Slytherin for life.

17.  I use the words “y’all” and “aint” because I’m from Lower Alabama, aka Panama City, Florida.

18. My favorite meal consists of a nice ribeye steak cooked medium-rare, sweet potato, and green beans. Also, scamp and cheese grits is a pretty great meal.

19.  I’m that guy who throws in the cards that don’t make any sense in Apples to Apples just to try and make you laugh.

20.  I am a believer of true love and that it is eternal.

Well, there you have it. Those are a few of things that make me, well, ME. What are some of your defining favorites?

Just to kind of finish things up, I gotta go ahead and brag about my lovely wife. She puts up with me day in and day out. She’s patient, loving, caring, and is my greatest inspiration and my number one hero. She is my queen and always will be. She is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I’m grateful that y’all are able to at least know her in some small way through this blog. She really does talk about and admire the people who comment on her posts, and she is always on the hunt for new things to post for y'all. 

Thanks for reading my post today! I hope y’all enjoyed it! Don’t hate on my sense of humor, you were warned.

Always remember: you are great. You matter. You are loved.

Mischief Managed.

_Matthew

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Aw that was adorable!! And the walking dead and the office are my jam ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! You, Matthew, sound like a wonderful and fun person. Lovely to find out more about you :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I loved this post such a cute and original idea ! My favourite colour is blue as well ! It's so awesome that you speak italian , me and my girlfriend really want to learn italian it's such a beautiful language :) Your dogs are addorable , personally my defining favourite would probably be cats because I love the cuddly little things :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this really interesting to read. I can't say I've read many Marvel comics (feel free to shun me) but all I've been watching lately are marvel related TV shows, I'm currently finishing up Daredevil season 2 and I'm loving it so far. I'm actually making my way through The Walking Dead as well, I feel like that's such a good show to get your weekly zombie fix!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I can't take that you have not one, but TWO dachshunds! They're sooo cute!!!

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Matthew! I adore your wife, Kynia. She is so sweet and beautiful on the inside and out. I love how she goes out her way to write really encouraging nuggets of wisdom on my blog. You are so lucky to have someone like her!

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post! You guys seem like such a lovely couple :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw Matthew this is a great idea! I can't imagine my own Matthew doing this, so I suitably impressed! Also, I agree with you Lilo and Stitch - amazing movie!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete