Life Lately

24.5.16


Sometimes, I'm itching for a change. 
Change, it seems, is the only constant in this life. 
And I'm glad.
Because in change we find new opportunities. 
We find new meanings of joy or sorrow.
We find growth.

Well...


This is my beautiful mermaid hair! It went waaaayyy past my bellybutton.


This was my original colour... So red and soft.


But on Friday the 13th... I made a choice...


^^No, that isn't my new puppy. Though it's big enough to be one. ;)


Oops.

I made a choice to donate my long locks. And I honestly don't regret it one bit.

Change is good for us. In this case, it's good for my hair, which was thinning due to some recent medications. For my hair, and perhaps for me, it's a fresh start, a clean slate... 
Now on to an adventurous summer! And many more inches of experience to come. 

Mischief Managed.
_kynia



^^My new colour. Now bring on the sunshine!

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. That was brave of you to do it on friday the 13th! ;) But it looks really good!! And short, light hair is perfect for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was about time for a change, yeah? Winter just brings me down... ;) thanks for reading xX

      Delete
  2. OMG!! what an amazing blog post !! I also love the design <3 I love blogs like this :D

    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jadiee! xX I appreciate you stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your new haircut, it looks great :) Donating your hair is a wonderful thing to do

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! Always appreciate your feedback xX

      Delete
  4. you're new hair looks beautiful!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my dear! xX

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, that's such a huge change! I love that you've donated your lovely long locks, what a good cause and really, really sweet idea :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Gabrielle! don't go getting any ideas though.. your hair is way too gorgeous to cut! :) thanks for reading xX

      Delete
  6. YaY!!!! Gorgeous! I love that you did this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so courageous! I would never do this :) But you are so cute with short hair :*
    if you want visit my blog
    http://angelaafashion.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! this is my fifth time donating it, so I'm an old pro ;) kidding. thanks so much for stopping by-- I'll definitely check your blog out! xX

      Delete
  8. Short hair is the best!! I cut mine when I had like 5 months left in my mission. It was a time when I felt like I had really changed as a person from when I started my mission (for the better) and it was like a fresh start! Looks good on you!! (And thanks for your nice comments on my blog. They always make me feel so good!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember noticing your haircut when I saw a picture of you in the most recent Liahona.. so I'm pretty sure that makes you a celebrity. ;) you're the bomb Jessie! don't forget it.

      Delete
  9. Your hair looks so lovely! :D I am actually planning on chopping mine off soon. It desperately needs the cut, and I need something new.

    The Golden Days | http://herestothegoldendays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do it! :) Hair is one of the few things we have control over, right? so it will definitely be a good change! xX thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  10. Love you new hair. I didn't notice it when you were here visiting Grandpa and me. It is cute.

    ReplyDelete