the Little Unicorn

11.4.16

Once upon a time, when my 17 year old sister was not so old (or as tall), she had a 2nd birthday party. It was great. There were hearts, crowns, and carebears everywhere! I was only 8 ¾ years old, but something happened that day that I still haven’t forgotten. And I never will.
My lovely Grandparents brought me this:




A little pink Unicorn.
They said “Even though it’s not your birthday, we want you to always remember we love you too.” 
And then my Grandma gave me a big, wet kiss on the cheek.

When I think of them, I think of love.
And I kept that little unicorn, as a reminder of their love. It sits right here on my desk so I can see it every single day.

I am who I am today because of their love. And I’ve never properly thanked them for that little Unicorn, or for the countless times since that they have shown me their love: for their help with the wedding and my bridal shower, for helping me financially with Italy, for selling me their old Camry… the list could go on and on. And while I’ve never thanked them properly for these things (something that I’m resolved to change), I’d like to think that I can thank them by passing on their legacy of love. Day by day. As they’ve done to me.

So, remember this, my little Unicorns,  you are loved. You are so, so cherished. You are treasured.
If you don’t believe me, go ask your grandma. She’ll agree.

Mischief Managed.
_kynia


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love this!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could ask my grandma, alas she is gone. But I know in my heart what she would say. I am treasured! Thank you Kynia you are absolutely wonderful! Love Ann Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her legacy lives on. :) you ARE treasured, Ann and you always will be! Thanks for reading xX

      Delete
  3. Lovely post Hun! Thanks for sharing this with everyone!
    I've just updated a new post on my blog: THERMAL & GEL NAIL POLISH REVIEW!

    OHIAMIHT BLOG | BORN PRETTY STORE USE CODE OHIX31 FOR 10% OFF

    Kisses,
    Mai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading, Mai! can't wait to check out your new post! xX

      Delete
  4. My fiance has a blue bunny doll his grandma give him as a baby, and if there was a fire, he would save it. He loved his grandma so much, and she doted on him growing up. It was hell when she had Alzheimers and passed away. This was such a sweet post dedicated to your grandparents. It shows that the little trinkets have so much meaning.

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that is so sweet! I've had relatives with Alzheimers.. I'm so sorry he had to go through that. it really is hell :/ But isn't it amazing how the smallest things really are the most important? Their love and legacy lives on! :) thanks for reading xX

      Delete
  5. This is a beautiful post! I miss my Grandma so much, but I know she'd agree with you :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed she would :) thanks for reading xX

      Delete
  6. Lovely post :) I have a similar unicorn :))


    Would you like to follow each other? Please let me know on my blog
    www.infashionchains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. heading over to your blog now! thanks for reading xX

    ReplyDelete