The Beginner's Guide to True Love.

28.4.16

Someone once asked me, “How will I know true love when it comes along? Can you just tell me what to look for so I can know when I see it?”

I said, “since when did I become an expert?”

If I know one thing about true love, it’s that it’s different for everyone, so my words just can’t cover it.

But I can show you.

True love is safety. It isn’t shaking, sweaty hands or weak knees, it is long hugs and a tender finger that wipes away your tears. It is the smell of fresh lemons in the summertime. It is the moment in the airplane when the wheels lift off the runway. It is the feeling of hot honey tea on a sore throat.

Or, if you’re Hermione, it’s freshly mowed grass and spearmint toothpaste.

2015 for me was filled with lots of ups and downs… a lot of downs. I was very sick for a long time. And I had given up the hope of ever getting better. The depression set in and made a home in my heart. I felt hopeless. Utterly lost, lonely and hopeless.

Then, I let this man into my life. I am so lucky he never gave up on me. Slowly but surely, he melted my heart, and showed me that I deserve happiness.

And this is what happened. I went from this..


To this.



These pictures were taken just two months apart. Did I wake up better one morning because I had a man to love? No. It took doctors, medicine and a lot of napping. Please don’t misunderstand. You do not need a man to be happy. But sometimes, it’s okay to need help. It’s okay to admit that you can’t do it on your own. And the person that comes to rescue you is a symbol of true love as well.
For me, he was there through it all.

And so, my friends, that is my answer.

You will see true love reflected in you. It will inspire you. It will empower you. It will respect you for your strengths and appreciate your weaknesses. It will seek to help you grow in every breath it takes. Piece by piece, it will heal you. It warms your face like the sun on a summer’s day. It is fiercely loyal. It is fire in your soul that pushes you toward something greater. You feel invincible. It reminds you to be hopeful, that you are truly beautiful, and that you are meant for greatness.
And slowly, but surely, you begin to believe it.






Mischief Managed.

_kynia

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is so true! I had a lot of depression before I met my spouse. And now, I still have depression, but it's definitely not nearly as bad! But he makes me feel loved and safe and secure. That's what true love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amen sister! <3 aren't we so lucky to have found it??!

      Delete
  2. Aweee, this is such a sweet post and I love the positivity in it :) x

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    sarahinks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sarah xX always appreciate your feedback! xX

      Delete