Twew Wuv will fowwow you foweva..

17.3.16

Ello, everybody! It's been a while... and I don't know how to put this but....
I am a married woman.
It's still strange to say it. Or hear it. Or to think it in general.
If you'd've told me a year ago, I would have laughed in your face. But that is a story for another time....

Yes, I was married on the lovely 5th of February.
The day started around 7.32 a.m., when my seven year old sister awoke and we laid in bed while having a conversation about chicken pox. She was impressed that I had chicken pox when I was two years old. I then got dressed and put on way too much deodorant, brushed my teeth, cursed at my eyebrows, and did my makeup. My three year old sister RAN in to hug me, yelling, “It’s yours wedding today!!” I hope she never learns proper grammar.

Soon, we left for Shelley’s house. Shelley is a wonderful hairstylist and a marvel of a person. She whipped out my hair in about 10 minutes! I owe a lot to Shelley, so stay tuned for that story.


After hitting a gas station for some caffeine, my mother and I made the drive down to the Payson Temple. 


[To find out more about LDS temples, or the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, click here.]

We were married inside the Payson Utah temple, but before the ceremony, we were given a few minutes to sit together in what is called the Celestial room. It was very peaceful. The butterflies were exploding in my stomach as I whispered to Matthew about how excited I was and did I remember to put the lemonade in the trunk?


[click here to watch a video tour of the Payson temple]

The ceremony was simple and beautiful, and afterwards, we swung open the doors to the outside world as an official couple.


The sun was so beautiful after a week FULL of snowstorms. I felt so… happy. So incredibly HAPPY.







Next we had a short luncheon, and yes, I forgot the lemonade. Then came a quick ring ceremony for everyone to enjoy. We shared some laughs, said some vows.. It was wonderful. 







Then came the reception with all of our family and friends-- and I mean all of them! We even had a photobooth with props. It was a blast. I am so grateful for all the amazing people that have influenced all the different chapters of my life.















One of the most special moments was the dance with my daddy. I got emotional when Matthew came to cut in.



Also, Matthew shoved cake up my nose. I guess that means he won, but it was pretty unfair...


And finally... a sparkler exit.



This day was seriously a dream. I felt so many things all at once... 
Happiness. Sunshine. Light. Pure love. 
It came in unstoppable waves until it felt like my tiny body didn’t have space enough to contain it all. And it spilled out my eyeballs...
I am truly blessed. I am married to my best friend. I am surrounded by a wonderful family and by those who I have chosen to be in my family. I am the person I am today because of these people. 
I am so, so blessed.

So there you have it, friends. The best day of my life was LITERALLY the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.


Mischief Managed. 
But definitely not finished.
_kynia

P.S. Photo credit goes to the incredible Karly Jo Photography-- check out her work here!

P.p.s. If you'd like to see baby versions of me and my handsome click here for a bonus video.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. aww this is beautiful
    http://www.islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!xx

    ReplyDelete