Christmas Decor in 35$

15.12.15

Ello lovelies!
I don't know about you... but my Christmas tree has been up since the middle of November. Christmas is one of my favourite Holidays, second only to Halloween.
And having my own apartment this year has only made it worse... I've gone nuts with decorating.
..... all the while staying within my measly college-student budget of 35$.
And I'm gonna tell you something, I DID IT.
Here are a few things that I found this year to make our small apartment that much more festive!
[[The cost of our Christmas tree is included in the 35$, by the way. We found a 6.5 pre-lit for just 10$! #blessingsoftithing]]

We made a chimney! There are MANY tutorials out there showing a step by step on how to do this, but here is the Reader's Digest version. We got some boxes (thanks, Daddy) taped them in a chimney shape, got a roll of cardboard paper from Walmart, stamped on "bricks" with a sponge, and then "wrapped" our box formation in the stamped brick paper.



 Super homemade and done in one Saturday afternoon. All in all, not too shabby. The fiancé just adds to the charm of this picture, I think.

Next, in the theme of wrapping things, I wrapped my front coat closet door in cheap dollar store wrapping paper and added a nice big red ribbon.

And finally, the last DIY item of the day, every door needs a wreath, right? I got a cheap wreath on sale at Michael's along with a cute roll of wire-edged ribbon and some house decorations that included a bundle of pine cones, leaves and little red cranberries. After ripping these apart, I arranged everything on the wreath then secured it with hot glue (thanks Mamma). I also made the bow with my own fingers! You can probably tell....
 But, please look closely...

This is the "DIY" that I am most proud of: I arranged the ribbon just so that "Christ" was in the center of the bow. Subtle, yes, but I hope a small reminder to each of us--if not me, especially-- to put Christ at not only the center of our wreath, and at the center of the holiday season, but at the center of our lives. 
Where He should be.
Always.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9.6

Now it's time to cut myself a big piece of Candy Cane chocolate cake and grab a cup of hot cocoa and curl up by the tree with the love of my life.


Happy Holidays, everyone! And a very, merry CHRISTmas! <3

Mischief Managed.

_kynia

You Might Also Like

0 comments