Week 72, December 10, 2014

28.12.14

Here are the pictures I promised of the pajamas that Nancy and Sheron sent me for Christmas. They have served me SO well and its only been a week. Thank you so much! I seriously appreciate you guys.  These pics are so worthy of the internet, I think. Ha ha.



Saturday morning I received the call from president. I never want to hear from that guy, but I answered the phone anyway. I will go back to Milano on Monday, December 15th, to be sister training leader of the zone I have served almost my entire mission in and I have mixed emotions about it. I am excited for the opportunity and I will get to go back to Como!!!  But, I am super, super sad to be leaving Trieste. I have fallen in love with this city and the people here.

We went to Bruno’s house on Saturday after a baptism of one of the Anzianis investigators, Matteo. He and Max made us pasta. It was super good and we talked about star wars the whole time. Don’t worry, Matteo and his wife Alice were there too. They are about to have a baby and they want to hire me as a nanny.... so, umm... I might just have to come back for a while.... :)


And.... here is a picture of me making good-bye brownies for the elders, Max and Bruno. But from hidden sources, I obtained some blue dye. So I may or may not have fed them brownies that turned their pee blue.  Don’t worry; I tested it first to make sure it worked. It does and two days later and my pee is STILL blue.. Hahahaha oh man. Funniest week of my LIFE.  I went out with a bang!

In other news, this is my district, smiling oblivious to the evil thing I just did to them. Hahaha they totally loved it though. Bruno and Max ate theirs last night.... I still haven’t heard from them yet….but there was a catch because Monday night we got a call from the Anziani saying that Santiago was sick and they were taking him to hospital.  I freaked out and thought I had killed Santiago with the illustrious blue dye. Turns out, they were totally kidding AND they recorded the whole conversation. They got me back really good.  In fact, we are all together right now and we are laughing our heads off as I type these. Wow!  It was so fun!  So in short, don’t play pranks because then you might kill someone. Whew! I learned my lesson.
Yesterday, we went to a member’s house to help her decorate. She has MS and can’t move around very well but Christmas is her favorite. She chose me to put the star on top. I was so honored.


Her cat’s name is Jo. He is SO FLUFFY I COULD DIE!  At least I can get a hug from the cat.
Look at how many decorations she had. The tree was just the beginning. Haha she is such a sweet soul. We talked of Christmas and we ate Ciambelle with cinnamon and we listened to the Michael Buble Christmas CD.  It was just a very nice time with her. She is so, so special and she is one of the people I will miss the most. She is wonderful. No pics of her because she wasn’t feeling well. But when we see each other Saturday, I will take more :)
As for the lesson learned from this week, here is a picture of two random things. Scissors and tags.
One of them belongs to the sister who made copies of my journal pages for the elders and tore my good name to shreds at the beginning of my mission. The other item belongs to a sister who put my picture on the wall in Varese and also tore my good name to shreds. And yet, these two items represent favors that they have asked from me. To bring these scissors and tags home with me to the states, because they left them behind. And so, while seriously pondering what to do this week, I have made up my mind to do the first thought that went through my head: to take them to them. NEVERMIND all that they have done to me and my name, NEVERMIND the pain that they have caused me, and the tears and depression and sorrow that they will never see.... never mind all of that. I will do it because I love them, and I want them to be happy. And I will CONTINUE to be the nice person that I am. Whether they can appreciate this for what it is, I am so freaking proud of myself. I am proud that after all that they put me through, I STILL want every happiness for them.  They will never know how much they hurt me, and they will never know how EASY it was for me to STILL be willing to do them this small favor. They will never know my good heart and I feel sorry for them. But I know. I see it. And I know that God sees it too.

I am returning to Milano, the same area I was in with Haslam & Fuller for 2 weeks after I got emergency transferred from my first area.  As I return I am a much different person. I will return a much stronger and a much more loving person than ever before. I will be able to conquer this mountain of a mission in the place where the climbing started.... funny how God works like that. It will be a closed circle... one eternal round.

I am so grateful for the mission. For everything that it has taught me. But above else, I am grateful for Trieste. This city and the wonderful people in it have taught me to see myself for ME and not how others see me. Now I can see myself clearly. And I am so unashamed to say how proud I am of myself. How did I do that??......It was not me, not in the slightest. It was God. It was His angels and it was all of you and your love and prayers for me. Thank you for that. Grazie di tutto.  And that is the lesson of the scissors and the tags. God is moving mountains for me.

Here is a selfie. The lighting is weird and I look different.. can’t figure out why. Oh well.
This has been a great week. We are working super hard with a less active family. Their two daughters are ready to be baptized; now we are working with helping the dad to be worthy to do it. They are sad that I am leaving, but I am sure my companion will do her best to help them. And with the ward as involved as it is, I am not even worried. I am looking forward to the day when we meet again and we can see how far they have come.

As for our other investigators, it's been a long week of them not coming to church or wanting to see us, but with the members' help, we are hoping for a great attendance at the ward activity on Friday!!!!  Also, I will be a part of the primary activity on Sunday. I am looking forward to singing with those sweet little angeli!!!!

The days are flying by... and I am bittersweet about it. I love Italia, I always have, the people here have captured my heart, and I will be so, so sad to leave. But also, I am excited to see you all again. To see you and to hug you tight and thank you so hard for everything you've done for me. Words can never be enough, in Italiano or English. But thank you, thank you so much. These next few weeks will fly by so fast, I can feel it. But I will definitely enjoy each last moment. Thank you for being my angels sustaining me up to reach this moment! I will face Milano on Monday with confidence and strength, a new, stronger, braver and more substantial person than before. And I couldn't have done even a part of it without you.

Thank you endlessly. Wishing you a wonderful week full of miracles.  I love you to Trieste and back!!! It's stronger than the bora! (Yes... I will even miss the bora...)
vi voglio immensamente bene. Xoxox

Mischief Managed,
_Sorella Kynia


You Might Also Like

0 comments