Week 63, October 8, 2014

5.11.14

This is my new dream car. It’s the perfect shade of a 500. Mmm. Want!

Also, the YSA group threw us a surprise party! Bruno told us, um, Sorelle, we have a meeting tomorrow at 3, so we walk in and BAM. They surprised us. It was like a 'welcome to the ward' party and they had a computer set up with pictures of the whole ward and introduced us to everyone..... It was so perfect!  And…so sweet. Also, they brought lactose free gelato, because my stomach is seriously rebelling against all things dairy right now.   I LOVE them.  I have made so many friends. They are all taking good care of me, don’t worry.

Also, we are planning a BOMB Halloween party here at Trieste with all the YSA of this area. I can’t wait.  It is going to be fun!  We are performing the thriller all together too. I am loving it here, because I feel like a part of the family! :)

Also, a girl in the ward got her mission call to St.George, Utah, Visitors Center. She leaves the middle of February. Oh my goodness I am SO excited for her.

Conference was so good. It always makes me super homesick for some reason, but this time I swear every single talk was just so charged with the spirit. It was just what I needed. I went in so, so low, seeking comfort and guidance and oh boy, I got it. I loved seeing all the speakers from all around the world, and that clip of I love to see the temple in Korean made me cry. The work is hastening and BLOSSOMING out here. Love it. Also, the talk that was given in Cantonese was AWESOME. I loved his perspective on who the members would be of helping the man with the palsy. I love how he said 'we must work together, united in our Lord, to rescue those people who are spiritually paralyzed.' so powerful! 

At the beginning of our satellite feed something funny happened. The transmission froze and we were like 'oh no!!!!' We were able to get it turned back on, it was only in black and white. That was a little hard, but grateful to even watch it.  When the color eventually turned on.... WOW. We were all blown away by how COLORFUL it was with all the different shirts and colored ties in the choir.... man. It helped us appreciate just that much more.

With conference not even started yet, God helped me see that the moments of darkness, or the moments of gray help us appreciate the color so much more.  Life lessons learned in three minutes.... humbled.

So..in the first pic you can’t see me because I am in the back, squished with three MEN. it was the most uncomfortable car ride home ever....  I feel like such a sister missionary saying that but, yeah. That was me right behind Sorella Walch.

Also, we had zone conference! It was fun, i guess. I was able to see two elders from my MTC group that I haven’t seen in over a year, so that was nice. But it made me a bit sad because they were like 'Carter, you've changed.' then one of them turned to the other and was like ‘Yeah, she's different, isn’t she?', and then one of them said 'Yeah, you've lost some of your sunshine. is everything okay?'  THAT was a huge punch to the gut. To hear that I have lost some of my light from the MTC.... makes me sad. But at the same time, I know it's true. I have been battling this depression for such a long time now.  I will continue to fight it for just a little bit more. Can’t wait to be surrounded by the people of MY CHOICE who fill me with light....I miss you all.

Also, I saw this man wearing this sweater…the irony....
Annnnnd new developments from yesterday!!!!! Hurray for swollen eyeballs!!! We are still going to Venice today though. I have medicine and so hopefully the swelling will go down soon.. But just know that for next week that all my pics will have a swollen eye and no makeup. Haha! Making memories!
But in all seriousness, I loved conference. I REALLy appreciated Elder Neil L Anderson’s first five ish minutes, felt like those words were for me. Also, Jorg Klebingat’s was spectacular! I will be reading that one for months to come. If you haven’t read it, go now! it is on the site in English!!!
Also, loved Eduardo Gavaret’s 'Si signore, ti seguiro' That is so beautiful. Yes, Lord, I will follow you. May we each have that mind set each day in our lives.  Of course, Holland’s made me cry.  I have straight up seen that kind of poverty first hand here among the saints. Makes me cry at how FAITHFUL they are, even when they are struggling to find a piece of bread. It is very humbling and I will never forget it.

I have to say, during the third session, when I knew the prophet would speak at the very end, I was getting nervous when all the talks were about sustaining the prophet, and how he is called of God. I was thinking like what is going to happen, what is he going to ask us to do that we need to be prepared like this??? Then when he got up, he tied all the talks together in his beautiful and to the point talk of Agency. He reminded of us of our need to follow Christ and be perfected in him. I was so excited because that is the theme of my mission! To give Him my whole heart and become His disciple. I am so grateful for God for answering ALL my prayers through His called servants this conference time.

If you have not been able to watch conference, please watch it. I am sure the last session was just as inspiring. I can’t wait to listen to it on my flash drive. I am downloading it right now :)
Wishing you all a wonderful week full of miracles. vi voglio bene, lo sapete???
I want a world of good for each of you. Love you all.

Until next week....
Mischief Managed
_Sorella Kynia

You Might Also Like

0 comments