Week 60, September 17, 2014

21.9.14

Change is a wonderful thing. It also is a bit sad to leave the people I love. But 'I'm quite ready for another adventure.' I am leaving bright and early tomorrow to go to..... TRIESTE. I couldn’t be happier. I have wanted to go to this city ever since I served in Como and met people from Trieste.  They told me so much about it and it seems like such an awesome place.  When Pres told me that I was leaving to Trieste, I was overwhelmed with how much God loves me. He hears prayers. He hears your heart.

Trieste is right on the coast. There is so much wind there that they have ropes on the streets for you to hold onto.  It is also built on a hill, I will be workin’ hard!

You never really realize how loved you are until people are crying that you are leaving.  These are just a few of the pictures I have taken this past week.  I have received so many beautiful texts that I have taken pictures of people just thanking me.  It has hit me how much of a difference I have made in my time here in Lodi. Sono infinitamente grata al Signore per avermi mandato qua. mamma mia. 









Yeah. I did it. I held their baby. Sue me. These are the owners of the internet point that we have been teaching.  I am sad to be leaving them.  I am sad to be leaving everyone here in Lodi. 



My new comp will be Sorella Miller. Sorella Gillespie says she knew her from the MTC and said she is quirky and funny.  We should get along just fine!

This week, as I have been de-junking/packing like a maniac, I have been reflecting hard core on the mission so far; the miracles I’ve seen, the sorrows I have lived, the INTENSE joy that I have felt... tutto. And while I was sorting through some papers, I found a list of goals that I had written in the MTC. NOT ONCE did it say 'I want to be a senior companion' or 'I want to be a sister training leader or a trainer'. Nope, not once.  Instead, it said stuff like, 'I want to be a disciple of Christ, through and through.' I had the bold realization hit me that my mission is THIS to make me a disciple of Jesus Christ. Before the mission, I was a good person. I served others, yes, but was I as compassionate as I am now? Was I as empathetic as I am now? Was I as wise as I am now? Not by a long shot.  I am not saying that I have reached the top of my climb, but I have seen a growth in myself during these past few months. The mission has changed me, yes, into a far better version of myself. It has changed me into the person that God wants me to be. And for that, I am so grateful for my mission.  I am sitting here crying as I realize that I only have four measly months left. I am so grateful for the way that God has personalized my mission to teach me compassion, forgiveness, and solidity and consistency in the gospel. As we follow our Savior Jesus Christ and the things His gospel teaches us, with determination and diligence, we are taking steps on this eternal path of discipleship. This path lasts a lifetime. It doesn’t matter how big the steps we take, but it matters the direction we are going. He has prepared the way.  Literally, if we follow in His footsteps, we will be in pretty good shape. With that, comes humility. We have to be humble enough to recognize that He knows better than we do. We have to recognize that we are nothing in comparison to Him. And that every ounce of strength we have, comes from Him. We rely on Him. We trust our whole heart in Him. This is the key to being a disciple of Jesus Christ. We have to be willing to give the only thing we can give to God... our hearts, our will. By following His Beloved Son, with all our heart, might, mind, strength, and WILL, we will show God that we love Him. And though we are endlessly in His debt, He will bless us even more so.  We worship a God of progression! It matters not if you have a title or power or fame. 'There is no up or down in the service of the Lord. There is only forward or backward.' each of us has the choice to move forward or backward. And though it may appear to be the more difficult path, in the end it is the most LIBERATING, the most exhilarating and the most eternally rewarding.

I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love Him. I hope that my mission can be a reflection of this love I have for Him. I am so grateful for all He has done for me. There are literally no more words I can say to express my overwhelming love and endless gratitude for Him. I cannot wait for the day when I will sink to my knees and kiss His feet. 

I love you all. May God continue to watch over and protect and bless each one of you. I pray for you every day, multiple times a day. How grateful I am for you and I hope that you know I love you. immensamente.
vi voglio immensamente bene.
Wishing you a week full of miracles.

Mischief Managed
_Sorella Kynia

You Might Also Like

0 comments