Week 55, August 13, 2014

17.8.14



My companion, Gillette went home this week.  Here are some pics of her last night here. 
We got gelato with a member family.  I love them! 
And…I learned how to salsa dance.  If that’s not proof of how much I’ve changed on my mission, I don’t know what is.

I am obsessed with Italia. The streets are just...enchanting.



This is Lodi Centro, E bella, no?? 




Also, here are some statues on a catholic church... I won’t say much except for that I am thinking of 'Despicable Me'.

During transfer circles, I said goodbye to Gillette and Clawson.   


More importantly, I got to say hello to Gunnerson, my MTC companion.  I miss her!  

 I got to see Hanson, who was in the MTC with me too.

I ran into Mantz.  It was such a sweet reunion.  I miss her.  And then, we all ate lunch together.  Yay!


Sorella Haslem goes home this week, for early start to school. There are 6 other Sorelle going home with her, so they are closing some cities because we are running out of Sorelle. This woman is incredible. I am and will forever be grateful for her and for the support and love that she has given me throughout the entire mission. Here in the mission, there is a mission lingo in which the missionaries refer to their trainer as their 'mom' or 'dad'. Well, listen, I consider this wonderful woman my mission 'mother' because from her, I learned the most. She showed me the ropes, taught me the tricks, and helped me discover the strengths inside myself and go forward with faith. She is incredible. And I wish her all the best.

I have this new compie here with me :) This is Sorella Gillespie and she is INCREDIBLE. She is so sweet. This transfer will go by too fast.... because we are just ENJOYING it.

I hope you all have had a wonderful week, piena della felicita. vi voglio ogni bene ma comunque.  I was looking at my feet this week. Go ahead and zoom up on those bad boys.

I was thinking of the scripture...''how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation, that saith unto Zion, they God reigneth! thy watchmen shall lift up the voice, with the voice together shall they sing for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion.'' (Isaiah 52.7).  I was thinking...yeah... I don’t know if I'd call these babies 'beautiful', but the message is true! We are here to show the world that our Savior LIVES! That He loves us, that there is a plan for us! And we are lifting our voices to prepare the vineyard for the final days!!!! And like this verse says we must sing TOGETHER this song of happiness. That means missionaries AND members. We are all working together for an eternal purpose, to bring our family to the knowledge of Jesus Christ and His restored gospel.

So, ho una sfida per voi quest'oggi, (I have a challenge for you today).  I encourage you for one entire week, to pray at the beginning of the day, asking God for an opportunity to bear your testimony, to your family, to your children, to your parents, to your neighbor, to that guy at the supermarket, to a complete stranger at the bus stop....and I PROMISE that you will find that opportunity. And not only will your testimony be strengthened, theirs will be too. It doesn’t matter if they are already a member of the church; the work to do is infinite. Strive to bring one person closer to God every single day. That is my challenge for you this week. I promise that as you do this you will feel the support of Jesus Christ behind you. You will feel the Spirit fill your mouth with what to say. You will see MIRACLES. Because we worship of God of miracles and when we do our part, we can have His promise. I can only promise this, because I have tried this myself and I know it to be true.

Wishing you all an AMAZING week.

Vi voglio un sacco di bene.

Mischief Managed
_Sorella Kynia






You Might Also Like

0 comments