Week 53, July 30, 2014

10.8.14




This is us last week in Pavia with the other Sorella. I ate one of the best burgers I have ever had. It had fry sauce on it.  So yummy!

We found a giant snail.  This is Pandino a little cute paesino in Lodi. so cute!


 
These, are the R family. I love them!!! We always have such a blast when we are together.


Look! A lego shoe for only 50 euro!!!! Such a steal!!!

Our investigator, A, is falling in love with the book of Mormon. She texts us at night with verses that she has read and that she loves. It is incredible to see. I am feeling very blessed to be able to be an instrument in God's hands.

Man, I wish you guys could’ve seen this house. Talk about a fixer upper. We washed these walls, cleared and killed the spiders, and patched the MANY holes with putty, cleaned and painted. WOW. It was such a big job. We did two rooms and we are going back on Saturday to help some more. Lots of work to do! But at the same time it's fun because at the end you look back and there is a nice room smiling back at you. It makes me really appreciate a job well done. Do it right the first time. Go big or go back and do it again in a few years! Take your pick.


Also, a family in the ward made us homemade tacos with homemade TORTILLAS. oh..... so yummy!!!!   After the tacos, we played a game called “Ninja”.  It was fun.  Then, we introduced them to “Pumped up kicks.” and I got to hear about twenty seconds of it.  I miss music!


Also, we have two new investigators this week. They are a referral from a member. Their names are J and P. They are so prepared. we met them and then we asked J to read a few verses out of the book of Mormon and she read the verse we asked her to, but then she kept going to read “repent ye repent ye” and then she kept going and started to cry... “I say unto you have miracles ceased? I say unto you NAY.” She told us that she has been waiting a long time for something like this to happen. She said that she instantly felt of the truthfulness of those words as she read them.  When I told her she could keep the book and gave another to P they both thanked us endlessly. I am so excited to see where this takes us. We will see them again tomorrow.

This week, we were able to go to a baptism in Pavia. Two children of a convert family got baptized. I was able to attend the parents' baptism a few weeks ago, and so it was so special to be able to go back and see the family be completed. The daughter was baptized by her father. It was really special.  They are planning on moving to Utah and opening an Italian restaurant. They’ve got everything prepared, so ya’ll will see them soon. Their story is incredible. I am so happy that I was here vicino to be able to see it.

Which brings me to my realization of the week, that we as missionaries, we have a FRONT SEAT to the most AMAZING MIRACLE of ALL TIME: the effect of the Atonement of Jesus Christ in people’s lives.   I am so grateful for this nametag, in which I can witness firsthand these sorts of miracles every single day.

All in all, we are getting lost in the work, which is good. It is the way it should be. Because in losing ourselves to God, in giving Him our all, our every desire, we find our true joy. Of course everyday it is a battle, because we are imperfect and selfish, but we worship a God of progression, so as long as we are progressing, it is okay. And it will be okay, because in this battle, we cannot lose. We have Him on our side, we can triumph all our fears and weaknesses.  And that, my friends, is a FACT.  I know con CERTEZZA that those words are true, because I have discovered it for myself. I have put it into practice, and tasted for myself the sweetness of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and of His Grace.

This is my invite for this week. Examine yourselves, and find that one thing that is keeping you from becoming closer to Him and eliminate it.  Taste for yourselves the beauty of His Grace.
vi voglio UN SACCO di bene.

Mischief Managed
_Sorella Kynia
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Suzette, please pass this on :) Kynia, it sounds like the Lord is really blessing lives through you. Also, tell that family that we really, really need a good Italian restaurant in Pleasant Grove. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete