Week 52, July 23, 2014

10.8.14



It has rained a lot this week. I love it. Really, I do.  The rain keeps it from being so hot.
The mosquitoes are KILLER though.  As for my week, it was pretty uneventful. We have just been doing missionary work all the days. 

We did get a fine on the bus this past week, because we are American. Yay! C'est la vie. Not really, the ticket checkers checked us.  They told us that our card was not the right card, that we needed a little special endorsement thing... blah blah, and so we had to pay a fine.  A mere 35 Euro.  Then, we got checked literally the next day with the same cards, and voila, the guy was like “You are perfect! Next!”  ..... I smell something rotten. 

Look what I found in a vending machine in Milano.  If president just leaves me here in Milano for the rest of my mission, it might not be such a bad thing...

Also, we have a new investigator. Her name is A and she is so sweet.  She called me the other day and was like “Carter, I have a question... do I have to give this book back when we meet on Tuesday or can I keep it because I am reading it and I’m not finished and I want to keep it a bit longer.”  I told her, “Tranquilla. It’s yours! And she was SO happy. I am so excited to see where it takes her.

We were visiting a family in Crema, which is a Paesino (city) closeby.  Here are some pictures of that area.  It is so beautiful!






We are working very closely with the owners of this internet point. In fact, the wife had her baby yesterday, and the reason I am running out of time today is because her husband just came in and was like “Carter! She was born yesterday, she is so beautiful! Look at these pictures!”  She is such a cute little baby.  We will go visit them tonight after p-day. I love this family. 

The work is going great. I see lots of miracles, every day. SO BLESSED.  Also, tomorrow is my year mark.  What the ?!?  Where has the time gone?  Time is passing by too quickly.  I still have so much to do.

This week I saw one of the most beautiful videos I have ever seen. Because of Him Please watch it. It is three minutes you will never regret.  This is my 'spiritual thought' for you all this week. I just want to leave my testimony that I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that through Him, everything is possible. perche Lui ci rende ogni cosa possibile. I have tasted of the joy and healing power of His atonement, and I can testify that He is there. Always! But it is up to us to seek Him out, to open that door, and we in turn open the door to His mercy and His grace. All He asks is for us to follow Him, and He will make us into what He needs us to be.  We are NEVER left alone. He is there. He listens. He loves you.

Wishing you all a wonderful week. vi voglio un sacco di bene!!!

Mischief Managed
_Sorella Kynia


You Might Also Like

0 comments