Week 38, April 16, 2014

16.4.14



Well, first things first.  Our investigators were baptized on Thursday.  It was such a beautiful night.  When T got in the water and reached out for the boy, their faces were glowing.  The boy had the biggest smile on his face, when T was saying the prayer, his voice cracked from emotion.  It was such a wonderful, special and incredible night.  And there was our other investigator, this valiant woman, who has been through so much trial, to see her face come out of that water, clean and pure and glowing was priceless! I am so incredibly grateful for this sacred calling of being a missionary. To be able to bring this message of the restored gospel to those people whose hearts are prepared to receive it. This is the work of the Lord! And it brings the most profound joy I have ever felt.   I can’t even begin to describe it.

This makes the number of baptisms that I have been a part of are.... 6 now. :) But remember, it's not me. The Spirit is the converter, I am just that crazy lady in a skirt that causes mischief all around the city and am lucky enough to be a part of it. Hahaha

This is a pic of the tempio di Ghana that we gave to our 19 year old investigator that was baptized today.

LOOK AT HOW BEAUTIFUL THEY ARE! My lil italiana famiglia. :) We will be going to their house for Easter, by the way. PARTY!
I have been studying joy this week. I have read verses like Alma 24:24, Alma 26:11, 30, 31, 35, and Alma 27:16-19, all these verses talk about joy from missionary work and the different types of joy that there are. I finally have felt the joy in 27:16-19, that immense joy that just fills your heart to the brim, and spills over, to the 'exhausting of your strength'. It is so so beautiful. 
THIS is the joy that the gospel brings us. THIS is the joy that each one of us can have when we do missionary work, when we share the gospel with someone who needs it, whether they are a member or not. Each one of us can feel a joy that is so intense that it exhausts your strength.

This is quite literal too, because all day Friday, my comp and I were walking zombies. We were literally exhausted from the outpouring of the Spirit at the baptisms

Clawson LOVES frosting especially the Funfetti kind, with cream cheese. One of the first nights we were together, Clawson told me that she had saved this American frosting that someone sent her in the MTC for her first baptism in Italia. I made a pact with myself that night that I would work so hard for her that she would be able to eat that frosting here in Como.  She finally got to eat that frosting.  It was awesome!
Our relief society president who loves us so much, gave us giant sorpresa eggs! White chocolate with strawberry Poprocks as big as my FACE!!!! It was gone in two days. It was so good. 

This is my toy I got in the middle... a gorilla nose. I gave it to the Anziani because they are obsessed with batman, and when you wear it on your nose it looks like a bane mask. They almost peed their pants they loved it so much.
This is my selfie for this week. I am exhausted, but so so happy. 

I am SO blessed. The words of the hymn 'I stand all amazed' explain it well... 'I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me..... Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!' I am overwhelmed with the many blessings He has given me. It is bursting my heart.

Thank you for all of your support and love you send my way! I am sending it back ten fold!!!!!!!

un bacione from como!!!! vi voglio bene. cosi TANTO.

Mischief Managed
_Sorella Kynia

You Might Also Like

0 comments