Week 24, January 8, 2014

23.1.14


We got transfer news yesterday.  Sorella Carter, my companion, is beign transferred to Bergamo, and Sorella Baer is going to Pavia.  My new companion’s name is Sorella Clawson and the other new sister is a native of Italy.  

Here are pics from the boardwalk on the lake from today! It’s a gorgeous day! Look at Como!  It’s gorgeous! So blessed!




 This past week has been NUTS. Every 5th week is senior week, which means the Jr. comp (that’s me) gets to be senior for a week. We worked SO stinkin hard. We taught FIVE lessons on Saturday, which is unheard of here in Como. We have tons of new potential investigators, including a sweet lil family of four we found. Just goes to show that when we work hard and do our part, God blesses us. Whether or not in the ways we expect, but always in the ways we need. The blessings are there. They are always there. But also, we have to be humble enough to see them.   So many tender mercies in my life every single day.. It’s incredible. I am just SO blessed. 

So, I have been thinking about change this week, from new companions, Baer leaving to Pavia, a native Italiana in your house. Seems like change is always happening; for me, to actually NOT get transferred is a big change for me. Change is always there and it can be good or bad... but your attitude has everything to do with whether it is good or bad.   I was reading in Isaiah 64. It says, and I am paraphrasing but this is the gist, 'Lord, you are our potter, and we are the clay in your hands.' God takes raw materials and shapes them, refines them. He has a perfect plan. He will help you; He will shape you into the person that He needs you to be. Sometimes it's uncomfortable, yes but He is making you into something even greater than you could ever have imagined for yourself. So you just need to trust in Him, because He ALWAYS has a plan. He knows what He is doing.

These are my thoughts for this week. Even though I am going to SORELY miss this wonderful Sorella Baer, I know that the people of Pavia need her. And that the people here in Como need Sorella Clawson. And that the people of Bergamo are lucky to be getting Sorella Carter! All in all, change is a good thing. As missionaries, we need to be extremely humble, so we can be adaptable, teachable to everything that comes our way.


I love you all. I am sending my INFINITE gratitude and love. Thank you thank you thank you con tutto il mio cuore, and may God RICHLY bless you.

 Mischief Managed
_Sorella Kynia

You Might Also Like

0 comments