Week 20, December 11th

15.12.13


This week we had a zone conference.  As part of the conference we had a Christmas celebration.  It was wonderful!

At this zone conference, I got so much mail.  It was such a surprise, because up to that day I had only received 5 letters.  I was thinking the Italian postal service hated me.  It seems that they released many letters.  Some had October postmarkings.  International mail service is so funny.
I am so grateful for all of the mail that I have received.  I feel so blessed.  All of the letters were so uplifting and very welcome.  Every letter has had just what I needed to hear at that moment.  You are all so inspired.  Thank you for keeping me up to date with the happenings in your lives.  It is great to still feel like I am a part of things even though I am so far away. 

I also got the padded envelope with the ornaments from my mom.  Thank you to all that contributed with pictures.  They were so wonderful!  It is just what I needed at this time of year.  This was the perfect reminder for me of all of the people that are behind me.  I can’t even begin to express how grateful I am or just how PERFECT this was for me.  I love you all so much.  From the bottom of my heart I thank you for this.  Vermente Perfecto!!

This past month has been very hard for me because I have felt very lonely.  In getting these letters and these ornaments, it has helped me to realize that I am not alone.  I am so blessed to have each of you in my life.  I am overwhelmed right now with love and gratitude for each and every one of you. 

I think my mom has finally figured out how to put sound recordings on this blog.  Here are some for your enjoyment.

In somma, I just want to bear my testimony of member missionary work. Yesterday, we taught a lesson to an investigator, and the member, who came with us brought such a special spirit and connected with the investigator in a way that we couldn’t’ve. Member missionary work is powerful. We as missionaries are set apart, but members bring a power that we can’t because is most instances the member knows the investigator personally.  This helps us as missionaries connect with the person on a much deeper level then if we were just teaching them along.  It is my testimony that when missionaries and members work together, we are inarrestabile (unstoppable).  This is the perfect time of year to do missionary work no matter who you are! Embrace it and you will change lives.

Sending my love all the way overseas!

Mischief Managed
--Sorella Kynia

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew I could learn Italian at my age! Thank you for the lessons, Sister Carter.

    ReplyDelete