Week 18, November 27th

27.11.13



First of all…I am getting transferred to Como! It is one of the top ten most beautiful places on earth. My new companion will be Sorella Carter. I am SUPER excited for this new opportunity.

My companions have been AMAZING. I learn tons from them every single day. They have been angels to me. The time has passed SO much more quickly than in Vercelli, because we are SO stinkin’ busy. It’s been wonderful!

And yes... IT’S THIS COLD. Look at my companion. She looks like a gypsy. I love her.

We went shopping this week and we got matching outfits!  It was fun to do something fun on P-Day for a change.



This week we succeeded our goal of 21 lessons and taught 23. We have been working so hard. Our work has paid off; we have a lot of STRONG investigators with baptismal dates.  But as awesome as it’s been, it’s been rough also. Two recent converts have been struggling this week with the doctrine of blacks couldn’t receive the priesthood at first way back when. It’s been a struggle.  They have had a lot of questions, which we just can’t answer.

Also, it breaks our hearts, when we walk into the church to the entire family’s books of Mormons and Mormon materials left on the couch. Then we receive a text saying, “We are sorry, we cannot follow you anymore.

Sorella Gunnerson had FIVE baptisms this past Saturday. I am so proud of her and all the wonderful work she is doing.

I am doing great. the turning point this week was when I STOPPED focusing on myself and how mad I am at my old companion, and pushed passed all that and focused entirely on the people here. It has made all the difference.  Missionary work is HARD and spiritually taxing. This is because you feel so much for these people, that you share in all their triumphs and their not triumphs.  Literally, I feel as though my heart is breaking all over Italy. The good thing about this is that it means I have a heart to give. And I intend to keep giving.

Here is my selfie from this week.  This is my new shirt.  It reminds me of my mom.  I am now a tea drinker.  Michol sent me a list of herbal teas that help you sleep... and chamomile in milk with cinnamon is PERFECT right before bed. 



Thank you for all the support. I have really felt all the prayers this week. And I intend to head straight into Como, my new city, with my new comp, Sorella Carter, and take it by storm!
Hurrah for Israel!

Mischief Managed
_Sorella Kynia

You Might Also Like

0 comments