Week 16, November 13th

18.11.13



Wow!  This week….I am not sure where to even begin.  Last Sunday, I was finally able to speak with President Dibb about the issues I was having with my companion.  He told me to give him a few days to figure some things out. 

We had a wonderful conference on the following Thursday with Presidente Dibb. One Sorella was concerned and asked about what to do if confronted by a man with a knife.  One of the zone leaders remembered that I was a black belt in Karate.  He asked me to teach some self-defense moves to the Sorella.  The zone leaders were laughing; they thought it was hilarious, until I asked for their help in demonstrating some of the moves.  It’s a good thing I was in a dress….  I talked to the Sorella about the “sweet spot.”  None of the Anziani would help me demonstrate that, I wonder why??

At this conference, I had a chance to talk with him again about my companion.  He told me to stay put and wait out the transfer.  Transfers are in 21 days.  To say I was bummed out would be an understatement.  

On Friday night we had a ward dance party.  We taught them how to dance “American Style.”  Dad would be proud; I taught them the sprinkler, the running man and Gangum Style.  It was a good time.  It helped me recharge and focus after the bad news.

On Saturday morning there was a knock on our door.  My companion was still asleep.  It was the sister trainers.  They had come to get me for an exchange.  I was going to Lugano, Switzerland for 2 days.  The other sister trainer was going to stay in Vercelli with my companion.  She gave me about 30 minutes to pack.  I was so excited!  I mean really, Switzerland?!?

It was awesome.  We taught FHE while we were there and taught them how to play Jenga with some blocks we found in nursery.  My companion was Sorella Hoppe, from Dusseldorf Germany.  We spoke lots and lots of Italiano.  She was amazing.  Lugano is absolutely beautiful.  Check out the shot I got as the sun was setting.  Gorgeous!




On Tuesday, I got a phone call from the president.  He told me that the next day, when I got back to Vercelli, I would need to pack up and move to Milano.  He had decided to emergency transfer me out of Vercelli.  I experienced a lot of different emotions at this.  Probably most of all was dread at the thought of packing.  As the train schedules worked out, I had about 15 minutes to pack.  It was very stressful.  I have too much stuff!  I am very sad to be leaving Vercelli.  I have grown to love the people there.  I will miss the baptism next Saturday.  It hurts to leave.  But, I am excited for this new adventure.
I arrived in Milano, met my new companions, yes, I am part of a threesome now.  I get to sleep on the couch.  Whoot!  I am excited to finally have someone to train me.  I feel like a “greenie” all over again, but I guess technically I still am anyway.  Stay tuned for this new adventure…

Mischief Managed
_Sorella Kynia

You Might Also Like

0 comments