Enduring to the End

5.9.13

Backstory...

So, we got our travel plans last Friday, and there was a bit of confusion because half of us Milanos got them and half of us didn't. And what's worse, my collega Sister Gunnerson received them and I did not. I panicked because we're the only two sisters going to Milan and WHY WOULD THEY SPLIT US UP????! I was a little stressed out about it.  Later that day, I was talking with my district about the Sunday topic "Enduring to the End" and I said, "you know what guys, if I receive my flight plans tonight and I’m in the same group as my bella collega, all of my stress will have been for nothing and I will volunteer as tribute to give the talk on Sunday." (Because they choose one elder and one sister to talk after the sacrament is over. it's like their source of joy) so after dinner, we check the mail and... NOTHING. But as we’re walking out we see the worker going back with a stack of purple plans.  My plans were in there.  Happy Day! So yeah, I spoke in church Sunday.

Here is a copy of my talk that I gave:

So, this week, as you are all aware, we received our travel plans.  There was a bit of confusion on Friday morning when I did not get my plans.  I panicked that I would not be in the same flight group as my companion.  Anziano Castagno can testify.  I was a wreck.  Later that day, as we were discussing the topic for today’s sacrament meeting, “Enduring to the End,”  I told my district that if I got my travel plans that I would volunteer to speak.  So, here I am.  I am extremely grateful to be speaking to you today, in more ways than one.  Talking with Anziano Taylor, we decided that this was a lesson on Faith, which is what I’d like to talk about today. 

In my opinion, “Enduring to the End” is comprised of two things, Faith and Love. First, Faith.  If we trust wholeheartedly in the Lord and have Faith in Him and His plan for us, we need not worry.  Sometimes we don’t get our flight plans when we want, or when things aren’t going the way we would like them to.  It’s OK, for He knows what He is doing and we will be protected, strengthened, and comforted as we endure to the end. 

Sorella Henson is a beautiful example of faith to me.  One of the first times we met, she said, "Christ is mighty to save, without Him I am nothing, but with Him, I can be whatever He needs me to be.”  I’d like to add my testimony to hers that through Christ, we can be shaped, strengthened, and empowered.  As we have faith in Him, we can utilize this enabling power of the Atonement, which is because of His love for us, but also through the love we have for Him. 

In the Legacy, when the main character, Eliza is very sick Joseph Smith comes to her and says, “Do you have faith to be healed?” and Eliza, sobbing, replies, “I don’t know. Is there no end to this suffering?” and Joseph asks, “Do you love Jesus Christ?” and Eliza says, “I do” and is healed.  Our love for Jesus Christ and this gospel will sustain us through all the hardest times.  So let’s have faith in God and face them with confidence and go forward with courage.  In Alma chapter 36, Alma testifies to his son, Helaman, of the love of God.  And he tells of His conversion in verse 24, 25 & 27 he says:

 24 Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto arepentance; that I might bring them to btaste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be cborn of God, and be dfilled with the Holy Ghost.
 25 Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth agive me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my blabors;
27 And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has adelivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still bdeliver me. 

God supported Alma and he will support you too.  In verse 3 he says,

And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their atrust in God shall be supported in their btrials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be clifted up at the last day.

And now zone 33, behold, “ Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the aLord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. (Joshua 1:9).

Be of good cheer, and fear not for the Lord is with you every step of the way.  So come unto Him all ye that labor and are heavy laden in His name and He will give you rest!  I so testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Mischief Managed.

_Sorella Kynia

You Might Also Like

0 comments