you've pointed out my flaws again, as if i don't already see them.

10.2.13

for most of my life, i have struggled with self- image. i am often times too negative towards myself. and i tend to repeat harsh words i've received from others; certain words that were said in anger and aren't necessarily true. it's a daily struggle to separate my distorted beliefs about myself, or how others perceive me, and to pick out the positives.
that being said, i know my flaws. i know my weaknesses. and i welcome them. i love all my quirks and ticks. they make me human. it's perfectly okay to be imperfect. 

  i am in NO ways perfect, nor will i ever be. i am improving myself each day and setting realistic expectations for myself. but for what it's worth, i love my insecurities.
my weaknesses are a constant reminder of my dependence on my loving Father in Heaven and my Saviour-- and Brother-- Jesus Christ.


don't let the harsh words of the world define you.



instead, build your foundation upon God. a foundation on which if you build, earth and hell cannot prevail. [D&C 6:33-36]

1 Samuel 16:7
"For the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as a man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."


I am a daughter of God. He knows me by name. He loves me beyond measure. Despite my flaws, insecurities, and mistakes, "His hand is stretched out still". [2 Nephi 15:25]
And through Christ's Atonement, I can repent. I can be made clean. "Though my sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow". [Isaiah 1:18]
Through Him, my weaknesses can become strengths. 
Ether 12:27
"And if men come unto me, I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them".

So, chin up, friends! You are loved. You are treasured. You are His.


Mischief Managed.

_Kynia





You Might Also Like

0 comments