Let it Be.

29.1.13



“We all carry these things inside that no one else can see. They hold us down like anchors, they drown us out at sea”.

For the past two years, I have lugged around a few anchors of my own. These anchors are old and rusted now, and with my Savior’s help, I’ve FINALLY left them behind. Why is so hard to let go of something that makes you feel so icky?

If I learned anything from 2012, it is forgiveness.
Sometimes I expect too much out of others, because I’d do that much for them. Sometimes it’s hard to remember that people are, well, human. We all make mistakes. We are all going to mess up. It’s part of our biological make up.
Sometimes it’s hard to forgive others when they intentionally hurt you.
Despite all the people who have hurt me intentionally, and all the very unkind things they’ve said and done, I still believe that people are inherently good. But sometimes it’s hard for me to remember that I believe that.
Sometimes it’s hard not to blame yourself for others’ choices. It’s hard not to let others’ mistakes change you as a person.
Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree and try to prove you wrong, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.

And so, I’ve learned to replace these rusty, bitter anchors in my heart with a different kind of anchor. I’ve learned to put my trust in something a little more solid and pure. One that will NEVER drown me out at sea. One that will support me and protect me should the storm ensue.
This anchor is that of my loving Heavenly Father, my Brother and Savior Jesus Christ and this TRUE Gospel. I know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father loves me, despite all my MANY mistakes. And I know without a doubt that He loves everybody, despite all their mistakes. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints is the TRUE church. And not a day goes by that my gratitude for the knowledge and testimony that I have increases.
And with every passing day, I am more and more in awe of my Savior. He has done more for me than I can even fathom. And I wish I had the eloquence to write exactly how I feel. Can you see my tears through the screen?
The Atonement of Jesus Christ is truly remarkable.

And so, friends, lift up your heart. And give place no more for the enemy of your soul. Do not anger again because of your enemies. And DO NOT slacken your strength because of your afflictions.  [2 Nephi Chapter 4: 27-34]

O Lord, I will trust in thee forever. [2 Nephi Ch. 4:34]


New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings, right?
So cheers, friends! To new beginnings!

Mischief Managed.
_Kynia


You Might Also Like

0 comments