Rumour has it...

2.5.12

There have been some rumours going around about me saying that I’m leaving in two weeks to Orlando, Florida, where I’ll be living until January. Other rumours say that I’ll be working and living at DisneyWorld. Well, I’m here to put those rumours to rest.
They’re TRUE.
Yes, I’m leaving Utah to go work at the Most Magical Place on Earth. And I couldn’t be more excited.

I also couldn’t be more nervous. This is my first time away from home. This is my first time in Florida. This is my first time at DisneyWorld. And I’m leaving my 3 year old best friend behind?!? What is this madness???!
Sometimes, your dreams can make you nervous. And that’s a good thing. Because if your dreams don’t make you nervous, they’re not big enough.


And sometimes, it’s hard to go off on your own. It’s hard to leave everyone else behind and step out into the world and see exactly what you’re made of.
But the first step is the hardest, right?
And why exactly is it so hard?
When we’re born, we’re born with the highest self-esteem imaginable. Ask any little kid and they’ll tell you that they’re the most gorgeous, most talented, most brilliant person on the planet. And they’re right.
So what changes us?
Two words: the world.
As we grow older, we start to listen to the world’s opinions, and we start to let others determine our worth. We are slowly corrupted until we’re left battling with ourselves on whether or not we’re of any value. And that’s messed up.
My friends, chase your dreams. No matter how “impossible” they may seem.

“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is NOT fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary.
Impossible is NOTHING.”

You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to. And that’s the absolute truth. I don’t care if it’s “impossible” or “risky” or “expensive” or “pointless to try”, try it anyway.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

“Don’t ever let someone tell you that you can’t do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves, they’re gonna tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period.” --Will Smith
That quote is from one of my all-time favourite movies, the Pursuit of Happiness. The message?


So believe it, my friends. Believe in yourself. You have endless potential! Don’t be afraid to try it out.

Mischief Managed.
_Kynia

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. That's WAY exciting! What a cool adventure! You will have a great time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME, Kynia! Good for you.

    Don't expect all the other princesses to be as classy as you as I'm told many of them smoke on break down in the secret hallways below the park.

    Also, if you happen to find the Minnie Mouse who sat on my lap and kissed me over in Disneyland several years ago, pls give her my number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the wonderful things you are about to learn...about how STRONG Kynia is! How you will just get feelings about what to do and where to go and help. Enjoy your time, make life long friends...know that we here back home are thinking of you, praying for you, and LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete