Would You Like To Buy A Vowel?

16.5.11

Hello, Everyone!!! Yes, I realize I haven't posted in a while, but GUESS WHAT???

I got an A in my math class. SHAZAM! [Don't mean to brag, just goes to show that ANYTHING is possible, people. ]

In light of some unrelated, recent events, I’ve been thinking a lot about words.
Kind words, encouraging words, inspiring words, false words, hateful words, and hurtful words….
So many different kinds of words.
Different kinds of healing or hurting...
Wisdom or wounds..
Passion or poison...
Rejoice or regret...
You get the idea.

My brain says: “Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones but Words Will Never Hurt Me.”
But my heart disagrees. "False!" it screams, "words CAN hurt!"
Words can make or break, tear down or build up…
Choose wisely, we must.
[that sounded a bit Yoda-ish, I am content.]

It is said that the average human speaks about 8,805 words a day. It is time for us to realize just how much of an impact these words can have. Would you speak all 8,805 to your mother? [cliche, I know, but truly try to visualize this]
To your Grandmother?
To Jesus?
Why should anyone else be treated differently?

I, for one, have been on the receiving end of a lot of different types. I am who I am today because of the encouraging, inspiring and healing words from the people closest to me. On the flip side, I am who I am today because of the mean, hurtful words that have been said by others. I am definitely stronger because of them. Strength may falter, though, when a harsh word is spoken, or a blow is aimed at esteem. Imagine how strong and kind we could all be, if not hindered by rude remarks?
Every day, I strive to make my words true. I strive to make them heal and inspire and encourage..
And I would encourage you to do the same. [See what I did there??]

On a serious note, it has been brought to my attention that a certain type of people like to use these words as weapons, and are leaving bleeding wounds in the hearts of friends very close to me.
And I want it stopped.
You would not say this in the presence of Jesus, or your Heavenly Father, or even your earthly parents for that matter, so WHY should a Child of God be treated any differently?


In other words...


"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all."


This NOT meant to be an accusatory or derogatory post or whatever, it is a call to action.


Please, PLEASE, consider the effect your words will have before you blurt them out. Please, PLEASE, before you speak, weigh every word. There is a power there that you may not fully understand.

To those of you faced with discouraging words or difficult times, Albus Dumbledore has some words especially for you:

"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, [Insert your name here], but battle on."

Keep your chin up, and press on, kids. There is sunshine up ahead.

Battle on, my friends, and know that I am here to take your hand should you ever fall.


Mischief Managed.


_Kynia

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. oh girly!! I absolutely adore this!! we shall be fellow writers!! you're amazing! the end. :)

    ReplyDelete