Bad Day?

30.5.11

I have to admit, the past few weeks have been hard. From car issues, to work schedules, problems at Church and school, it seems like everything that can go wrong, does.
A couple of weeks ago, I was notified that my scholarship would not be renewed, and I honestly had a breakdown. I was upset that all my hard work hadn’t paid off, and as a result, I have to pay with money I don’t have. I wasn’t home at the time, and so I sent a text to my mom telling her exactly how I felt.
and my beautiful mother texted me back something I will never forget:
“All in the Lord’s time, my dear. The Lord has a plan for you, you just need to be patient to find out what it is.” She then pointed out that at least I had two jobs, and the opportunity to earn money this summer.
Since then, things haven’t been perfect. In fact, nothing has worked out, yet. But I am blessed. I am blessed to have a wonderful dad who will drive my expired car and let me borrow his car everyday so I can go to work. I am blessed to have such a fantastic family, who I love with all my heart. I am blessed to have two jobs, and to be involved in the Princess Festival this year. I am blessed to be a member of this true Gospel. I am blessed to have amazing people surrounding me. I cannot thank you all enough.

The following poem has always been close to my heart. It helps me to trust God when I can’t understand why things happen the way they do.


The Weaver
Anonymous

My life is but a weaving, between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors, He worketh steadily.
Ofttimes He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride,
Forget that He seeth the upper, and I the underside.
Not till the loom is silent, and the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful in the Weaver’s skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.

Someone once said that in this life, suffering is mandatory, but misery is optional. We’re all going to experience trials and tragedies, we just have to remember to keep our perspective. God loves you, you have a work to do, and one day He will answer all your questions, and wipe away all your tears. [Revelation 7:17]

Mischief Managed.

_Kynia

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I likeee... especially the part about a great dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! SO true...keeping perspective and seeing the blessings we DO have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your awesome! Nice music! Zach Brown Band?!? You're converted!

    ReplyDelete